Wednesday, February 3, 2016

New Companion!‏ October 19, 2015 Week Sixteen

Hey y'all!

This was my first week with my new companion, Elder Clark!  So far we've gotten along really well.  He's a die-hard University of Utah fan, but that's okay. The first day he was here, he immediately had problems with his bike, so we ended up walking all day.  Then, the next day, we remembered that we had a spare bike; within five minutes of riding it, the tire went irreparably flat, so it meant another day of walking.  We didn't end up resolving the problem until about two days later when one of our Zone Leaders (who has a car), lent Elder Clark his bike.

Katie's continue to grow in her testimony at an impressive rate!  We taught her about the Word of Wisdom on Thursday, and she had a really hard time giving up tea, but about two minutes later, she was testifying about how she knew the Word of Wisdom was inspired revelation from God.

We also made a lot of progress with Kavin.  We managed to teach a full lesson to him this time.  He wanted us to prove to him that Jesus was the Messiah and that he succeeded in that mission.  I felt prompted to teach him about the Plan of Salvation; once he realized what Christ's role in coming to Earth was, he said that everything made sense.  He described our conversation as having lots of light and truth in it.  He also said that he considers Joseph Smith to be on the same level as Martin Luther King Jr. in terms of how good of a person he was.  He asked us to bring him pictures of Joseph Smith so that he could draw him; Kavin loves drawing people.

Hope y'all have a great week!

Elder Jensen.

Joke of the week: A man told his wife she was drawing her eyebrows too high.  She looked surprised.


Scripture of the week: Job 19:25-27;
 25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

 26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

 27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
 Here's a picture of us with the O'Briens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment