Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Best week yet! September 28, 2015 Week Thirteen

Hey y'all!

This week was amazing!  We've had even less spare time to talk with people!  Unfortunately, our church tour did punch, but that was just about the only thing that did. On Monday we met with a part-member family called the O'Briens.  Scott, the husband, was born a member but hasn't been to church since he was about 15.  He never listened in church, so he's learning everything as we teach them.  Katie, the wife, was raised Catholic, but went inactive in that church because she didn't believe it had the truth.  We taught them about the nature of God (that he is our loving Heavenly Father), and answered many questions they have.  Then, we met with them again on Thursday and taught them about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  They said that they believed every word of it, and that it all makes so much more sense than what they've been hearing before.  We invited Katie to be baptized, and she immediately said yes!  They're progressing faster than anybody else we've seen out here. When we gave them the Book of Mormon, they were more excited than anybody I've ever seen before about anything! They looked like they just won the world's biggest lottery.  We also gave them a copy of The Restoration DVD, and within an hour they had watched it with their family and texted us back saying that they loved it.  They've came to church three times this past month, and they say that they plan on coming to church every week because they can feel the Spirit stronger there than anywhere else.  They love how they can learn about the Gospel, how coming to church has strengthened their marriage, and how their kids are so much more well-behaved now.  It's not uncommon for their kids to just suddenly start singing "Follow the Prophet" as they play together, which is super adorable.

We've also been moving along with teaching  Corbin, who's a nine year old in a very less-active family.  They haven't been to church in years, but they want him to get baptized.  We're trying to use the discussions not just as a way to introduce him into the church, but also to reactivate them, because there's no way that he'll stay active if his family never goes to church.

We also had Zone Conference this week, which was awesome!  It was my first one, and I can't stop looking forwards to the next one!  We also had a mission-wide meeting on Friday about Sabbath day observance.  We watched portions of a broadcast that was the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaching General Authorities about how important the Sabbath and the Sacrament is.  It was super cool seeing that as missionaries of the Lord, we were held on the same level as general authorities.

Another cool thing that happened was just last night.  Elder Griffin and I went out tracting, and there were tons of people outside, because it there was that night a full moon, in perfect lunar eclipse, and it turned into a blood moon!  Elder Griffin had never seen anything like it before, so it was super cool for him.

This week I also got a package from Victoria- with a Portuguese Book of Mormon.  Between the one that she sent me, one that I got in the mail from I don't know who, and one that an Elder in my mission obtained for me, I've got more than I'll probably ever need. Hopefully I can find enough Portuguese/Brazilian people to give them to!

I've run out of time already (again!); I guess I need to stop having so much to tell about each week. :)

Hope your week was as great as mine was!
Elder Jensen.

P.S. I'm going to start doing a joke of the week, a song of the week, and a scripture of the week.  Enjoy!

Joke of the week: Want to hear a word I made up? Plagiarism.


Scripture of the week: Moroni Chapter 1 Verses 1-3: 
1 Now I, Moroni, after having made an end of abridging the account of the people of Jared, I had supposed not to have written more, but I have not as yet perished; and I make not myself known to the Lamanites lest they should destroy me.

2 For behold, their wars are exceedingly fierce among themselves; and because of their hatred they put to death every Nephite that will not deny the Christ.

 3 And I, Moroni, will not deny the Christ; wherefore, I wander whithersoever I can for the safety of mine own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment