Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Happy New Year!‏ December 28, 2015 Week Twenty-six

Hey y'all!

This was such a great week!  Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year, but this year was  especially great.  I got to talk with my family!  I was going to Skype them, but I accidentally left my iPad at my Ward Mission Leader's house the previous day.  It sort of made it so I couldn't Skype, but the phone call I got instead was great too!  It's definitely the best Christmas I've ever had.

After the phone call, we biked over to a ward member's house.  On our way over there, Elder Price and I did something very difficult, but super awesome.  Some random guys pulled over in a truck next to us, and they challenged us to a race.  We decided to give it a shot.  They didn't really race us, but they just kept pace with us and when we got too tired to keep going, they told us how fast we had biked.  We gave up after about a quarter mile, but they told us that we had biked thirty miles per hour!  The crazy part is that the speed limit on that road was twenty five!  I can now say I've broken the speed limit on a bike.

We got hit by some crazy storms the day after Christmas.  There were some tornadoes over in Dallas, and about ten people died.  The continual rain is putting some stress on a dam that holds back all the water in the Lewisville Lake; the dam is already the fifth most dangerous dam in America.  If that thing were to break, there would be a 65 foot wall of water that would rush through all of Dallas and kill thousands.  As one person we talked to tactfully put it, "...it would make Hurricane Katrina look like a ripple in a pond." Fortunately, we're in a location where we wouldn't be affected by it, but it's still scary.  We're hoping and praying that nothing happens!

On Sunday we Elder Price and I didn't want to go outside in the afternoon because it was raining even harder than when it did in April (when there was enough flooding to make national news), there was thunder and lightning everywhere, and the temperature was about 40 degrees.  We decided to go out anyways.  We ended up talking with somebody who we met last week.  Not only had he read from the Book of Mormon, he had questions about it!  He told us that he wanted to come to church next week, so we're super excited.  Had we chickened out, we never would've spoken to him.  When we are obedient to the Lord's commandments, we are blessed!

Hope y'all have a great week!

Elder Jensen

The members they had dinner with on Christmas Eve sent this to us



When Elder Price & I got out of workouts this morning, we were 
greeted 
with an overflowing swimming pool. Those darn storms!


A member got us this for Christmas. 
Elder Price got a sick shirt from the original movie.


Emailing in the Family History Center!



No comments:

Post a Comment