Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Mohrmann Invasion!‏ January 11, 2016 Week Twenty-eight

Hey y'all!

This week was a super interesting one.  First off, it was transfers, and I had to say goodbye to Elder Price.  While it was hard to see him go, my new companion is super awesome.  His name is Elder Mohrmann, and yes, it is actually pronounced "Mormon."  He's really funny, and everybody who talks to him loves him.

This week was also my six month mark, which means I got to burn a tie!  The tie I burned was one that I got from my trainer; it was possibly the ugliest tie I've ever seen.  It was a tie covered in pictures of ties, and it smelled really weird. Let's just say that there's a reason that my trainer didn't want it.  For some reason, there was alcohol fuel in our apartment, and so we soaked the tie in that, brought it out onto the balcony of our apartment, and then we lit it on fire.  It was really fun, and we're going to do it again next week when Elder Mohrmann burns a white shirt to commemorate his year mark.

Hands down, the best thing that happened this week was on Saturday when Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles visited our mission and spoke with us.  He is such an inspired man!  He spoke for a while, and then he had a question and answer session with us.  We also got a picture taken with him, which was super cool.  Unfortunately, I don't have the picture, so I can't send it to y'all.  I did get to sing him a musical number, though.  I was in a double-quartet that sang Come Thou Fount for him, and it was super beautiful!  I'm not trying to toot my own horn when I say that, but it was just really beautiful.  Meeting an Apostle of Jesus Christ will definitely be one of the highlights of my mission.

I hope y'all have a great week!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment