Thursday, March 16, 2017

Flower Mound 3rd Week 6! September 19, 2016 Week Sixty-three

Hey y'all!

Things continue to go well here in Flower Mound 3rd. One of our appointments we had this week was with a less-active member we've been working with for a long time. He tries to come to church, but his health doesn't always allow it. He hasn't been active since he was a teenager, and he's a recovering alcoholic, but he understands more about the Gospel than some missionaries I've met. He has a mentality that I love- I won't let my inability to consistently go to church stop me from learning about God. He hasn't been sealed to his wife (who died fourteen years ago) and he really misses her, so his motivation for meeting with us and coming back to church is to get to the temple and have that done. Anyways, as we were leaving his house this past week after a lesson, I asked him if he thought that his daughter would like to take the missionary lessons. She's seventeen and has chatted with the missionaries in the past about things like what college she's planning on going to, but never anything particularly religious in nature. However, her dad always talks about religious discussions that he has with her, and she likes the missionaries a lot, so I figured that it would be a good idea. Her dad agreed with us, and he's going to approach her about it this week. If he doesn't, then we'll do it when we're there. Honestly I think she'll say yes and that she'll get baptized; we just hope she'll get baptized before the school year is over so that she's baptized into our ward and not the YSA ward, which is covered by Dallas missionaries! ;) No hard feelings between us and them, but we would rather see her baptized sooner than that.

Transfers are this week, and the news we got is some that I grew quite accustomed to in my last area- nothing's changing! Both Elder Parsons and I are staying here. One of the upsides to spending multiple transfers with somebody is you learn how they teach and you get pretty good at working in unison with one another.

Hope y'all have a great week!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment