Friday, July 1, 2016

General Conference! April 4, 2016 Week Forty

Hey y'all!

I've got a lot of news this week. Hopefully I won't forget anything!

The first thing that's important to mention is General Conference! I loved the chance that we had to listen to our prophet and apostles and to hear the words that God wants us to hear. I'm so grateful to know the things I do and to be in a church that receives direct revelation from our Father in Heaven regarding our affairs today. A great example of that was the talk given by Patrick Kearon about the refugees that are being displaced around the world; we could find useful principles from the scriptures that could help with that, but not direct revelation from God about that.

It was so good to hear from President Monson, both in the Priesthood session of conference & the Saturday morning session. He didn't speak very long in either of them (I think his talk in Priesthood session was less than four minutes), but every time he spoke, the Spirit bore a powerful witness that he is God's prophet on the Earth today. We had several investigators watch conference, and they all left knowing that God still speaks to us today.

Unfortunately, with all of this good news, there is also some bad news. We got a phone call from the Assistants to the Mission President, and they told us that both Elder Nielsen & I would be leaving Graham on Wednesday to be replaced here by Sister Missionaries. I was hoping to at least stay for one more transfer, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm going to be heading to the Kileen 1st & 3rd Wards. I'm going to be on a bike again, which I was really looking forward to until I found out something important- I'm going to an area that's bigger than many of the areas that have cars. It'll be tough biking around there, but it won't be impossible. I'm going to have not one companion this time, but two! One of them is named Elder Hughes, and I've heard nothing but good things about him. The other is Elder Winterbottom, somebody that was in my District in the MTC! I'm very excited to be serving with them.

I'm sad that I have to leave Graham, but I know that I'm going where the Lord wants me to go.

Hope y'all have a great week!

Elder Jensen

Saying Good-byes in Graham. Sister Dodson, the branch Relief Society President


With Elder Nielsen at Addie Hill's


No comments:

Post a Comment