Sunday, January 5, 2020

Mineral Wells Week 18 The Last Good-bye July 10, 2017 Week One Hundred Three

This is it.

For the last seven hundred and thirty-three days, I have been dreading when this time would come. After a little more than two years, six areas, twelve companions, two mission presidents, and one fake last email, I'm now looking at the end right now. I can't believe that this day has come. In fact, it wasn't even supposed to come. I was just supposed to just serve out here forever, continually sharing with people my testimony about this restored Gospel. However, I can't live in denial any more. I'm going home. It doesn't even feel like I'm going home though; I lived in Oregon for about three or four months, and I've spent longer in most of my areas than I did at "home." I'm so grateful for the chance that I've had to be out here in the great state of Texas. I've learned, grown, tanned, failed, succeeded, and loved like I never have before in my life. Being down here in the refiner's fire that is the Texas sun, I've come to depend on the arm of the Savior. I hope that I'll be able to continue becoming the person that my mission has shown me that I can be.

Signing out for the last time,

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment