Sunday, January 5, 2020

Mineral Wells Week 16 June 26, 2017 Week One Hundred One

Hey y'all!

To be honest, this week kind of felt like a repeat of last week; we had tons of highs and lows, but in many ways, at the end of this week we're right where we started. This isn't to say that there wasn't change, but unless you yourself experienced it, you would never notice about some of the changes. We met lots of new people this week with lots of potential, but we also lost one of our Baptism dates. Ezell, who we set a Baptism date with about a month ago, decided she didn't
want to meet with us anymore. She was about to go in for surgeries that would keep her bedridden for three to four months, which meant she couldn't be baptized when she said she would. She also had been in favor of a lot of push back from her church she was attending, and more importantly, from her family. Elder Rowley and I think she will still be baptized, but it may not be for a few years. Now just wasn't her time.

In preparing to come home (-.-) I've done a lot of reflecting on who I've become over the last two years. Just like this last week of mine, if somebody simply looked at me, they might notice only superficial differences, like the fact that I'm tanner than I was before I left (but even then, not by much). However, deep down these last two years have completely transformed me. Before my mission, I thought I knew it all. Now, after two years of study and personal experience, I know
that I really know nothing. I've seen incredible things happen in people's lives as they have accepted the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, but I've also had intense heartbreak as people that I have grown to love have rejected its peace-bringing principles and lifestyle. Texas has proved to be a refiner's fire- almost literally if it doesn't cool down soon! I'm very grateful for the time that I've had to be able to serve as a servant of the Lord.

Hope y'all have a great week!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment