Monday, August 24, 2015

July 10, 2015 Week One

Greetings from the MTC!

I am loving it here.  The Spirit is so strong, you can feel it everywhere.  For our first meeting, we sang The Armies of Helaman, but we replaced all the things like "We will be the Lord's missionaries..." to "We are now the Lord's missionaries." That was when it started to feel real.  Already I've learned so much more on how I should be as a missionary and how I should teach the gospel; my district is GREAT.  We are all super great friends already, especially all the companions.  My companion is Elder Adams, and he's awesome.  All the Elders in our district are headed to Fort Worth, but the Sisters are headed to... I think it was Roseville, California.  Today we just got our flight plans for heading for Fort Worth.  We leave on the 21st at 8:30, but we have to be at the MTC Travel Office at 3:35 AM!  I'll be lucky to get four hours of sleep.  Hopefully I'll be able to sleep on the plane.  Speaking of leaving places, on my card that says I can legally proselyte expires July 4, 2017.  Ironic that I'll be becoming independent of a companion on Independence Day.  Hopefully the time doesn't go by too quickly, because I'm loving it out here.  Hopefully, Texas will be even better.  If you receive this soon, please have everybody else email me soon so that I can send them a personalized email.

Love you!

Elder Jensen

P.S. Sorry there's no pictures, the computers here don't like to take SD cards, so I'll send some once I'm in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment