Monday, August 24, 2015

Howdy!‏ August 17, 2015 Week Seven

Hey y'all!

I'm having a great time here in Texas!  It's been cooler and less humid this week (only about five degrees cooler, but every degree counts!). This week I met a really interesting guy named Morrey for the first time.  He started his own church at one point, but he isn't a member of it anymore.  I don't know why, but I thought that was pretty unique.  He looks at churches as if they're body parts.  God wants some people to be a Catholic/thumb, He wants others to be a Lutheran/ankle, He wants others to be a Muslim/stomach, but ultimately we're all just part of the same Church/body.  He thinks that people shouldn't change churches/body parts.  It's a little strange, seeing as he did that at one point.  He's a funny guy, though.

This week something super cool happened.  Right before we went out, I got a prompting to write down some things to say in Spanish in case anybody we met spoke Spanish but not English.  I grabbed a Spanish Book of Mormon and headed out.  Then, we met somebody who only spoke Spanish!  I got to teach and testify in Spanish about the gospel and the Book of Mormon, and he accepted a copy of it.  I didn't even use the stuff that I wrote down!  I asked him if we could get his phone number and address from him so that we could send him some Spanish missionaries, but he said that the house he was at wasn't his.  Hopefully somebody will find him and he'll be open to hearing the gospel!  I'm glad that as missionaries, we have access to the gift of tongues, because without it, there would've been no way that I could remember what to say to him.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to send any pictures so far.  All the pictures I've taken are on my iPad, and since I can't email with it due to technical difficulties, all those pictures are just waiting to be sent.  Once I've solved those problems, you'll get TONS of pictures.

Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Jensen.

No comments:

Post a Comment